Linen/Cotton is a soft yet durable fabric created from the fibres of the flax & cotton plant and gets softer with every wash; it doesn’t pill stretch or loose shape. It’s hypoallergenic, moisture wicking and adjusts to your body temperature to stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter which makes it a great choice for any time of the year.
Here are some tips to help your Lullaby Club Linen last many snoozes to come.
- Linen, much like cotton, does have a tendency to shrink. For that reason, avoid washing linen clothes in hot water and opt for either warm or cold water; if your linen is a vibrant or dark colour, stick with cold to avoid fading.
- Linen is best washed with a mild detergent
- Hand wash only - no washing machine.
- Avoid the use of fabric softener, and never use bleach on linen clothing, even if it's white.
- Avoid wringing the fabric. Because of the way linen fibres are structured, over-handling can cause damage; for that reason, use the gentle cycle and wash linen alongside similar lightweight or delicate fabrics and avoid mixing heavy items like jeans, hoodies or towels in a load with linen clothes.
- When air drying, either lay the garment flat on a towel or use a drying rack in the shade; avoid hangers, which will leave unsightly dent marks unless they're padded.
- Dark colours will fade when dried in the sun— please avoid drying your linen in the sun if you want to keep your colours fresh.